Sunday, March 29, 2015

Art Club


I've been enjoying art club on Sunday afternoons, learning about pastels at the moment...
This waterfall is unfinished as I could only attend half the class. I think my rocks look like half a mango that has been diced and turned inside out.

This waterfall I completed, although it was technically challenging. I was happier with the rocks though. 

I enjoyed learning about colour use in this lesson about trees and foliage. Who knew that dark blue is the first thing you use to draw a tree? It gives the brown that is overlaid a more realistic look. Then grey, orange and black are used for the shadows and highlights. 

I love sunsets and bright colours and was pleased with the outcome. 


These clouds were fun to play with. It reminds me of 'Eileen's song' by Burlap to Cashmere: 

'You have one wing, I have another
Seeking shelter like sister and brother
Through the winter and through the summer
Like one angel, we'll fly far away'


This was a Kandinski style lesson, such fun with bright, saturated colours!


Step out of the boat

Northern Lights: 'It will flame out' Gerard Manley Hopkins poem
Cape Town

No comments:

Post a Comment